Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pear Crisp

I got this cookbook way back when as a gift. It has a little bit of everything in it. It even has how to cook a bear. I don't remember if there was a recipe for possum.
I had a few pears in the fridge and wanted  something sweet so I thumbed through this book to see what I could find.
Sidebar-You'll see the 1960's tint placed on all of the photos. Piknik is leaving Picasa in April and it has allowed use of all of its features even the Premium ones. So I thought I'd take advantage. I'll miss Picknik.


 
Published in 1972
I decided on Peach Crisp but of course with alterations.

Here is the recipe. Enlarge it to read it.
  
Cream the margarine and sugar. Also add the spices.Set it aside.



Add the cornflakes to the butter, sugar spice mixture to get a crumbly topping.


Bake for 30-45 minutes at 350 degrees.

As you can see I added more corn flakes
What I learned: I didn't need to add the water. The pears made enough juice on their own. I needed more corn flakes  because of all the extra juice. After checking the progress I dumped a handful or so of corn flakes on top and let it cook a little longer. The extra corn flakes didn't alter the taste or texture.
Overall:  It was delicious. The extra cornflakes made it crunchy sweet.
THAT'S IT***